Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

6.23.2014

Day 86: Cool Morning Swims

Although we've had warmer temperatures in June so far this year compared to the lovely June we experienced last year, the mornings have remained mostly cool, thanks to overnight lows in the mid-50s.  This drop in temperature is one of the aspects of Sacto's climate that makes the daytime heat much more bearable, especially since it's coupled with a lack of humidity most of the time.

For some reason, however, I seem to have become much more sensitive to the chilliness this year, and I've really been feeling the coolness during my morning swims in the outdoor pool at the CAC.  In fact, I pulled my wetsuit out of retirement for the season and have worn it again at least half a dozen times in May and June, which I don't remember doing in previous years


I definitely appreciate my neoprene in the winter, and despite the fact that my wetsuit is starting to literally disintegrate from wear (it was purchased in October 2012), it's still been helping to keep me warm this spring as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home