Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

11.19.2014

Day 235: Red Oval Farms Stoned Wheat Thins Minis

My favorite crackers are Red Oval Farms Stoned Wheat Thins:

These crackers have the perfect amount of crunch and crispiness, with just a touch of salt.  Even better is the mini version of the crackers, which are a perfect substitute for chips:


We used to buy both sizes as part of our basic groceries until Safeway stopped carrying the minis.  Boo!  The Trader Joe's version was an option for a little while, but then that also disappeared from the shelves.  And even Corti Brothers was an unreliable source.

So I was extremely happy to find two boxes of these little treasures on the bottom shelf at the local Star Market here in Marshfield!  I have plenty of room in my suitcase to transport them back to Sacramento, and I'm hoping that perhaps the stock has been replenished by the time I go grocery shopping tonight so that I can increase my supply even further.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home