Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

3.12.2015

Day 348: March Race

As part of my current goal of running a race each month for a year, I had registered for the Shamrock'n 5K in Sacramento. This year, the shorter distance race is scheduled for this Saturday, March 14th, with the longer 1/2 marathon distance scheduled for the more typical Sunday morning timeframe, March 15th. Previously, both races were run on the same day, and I'm not entirely sure why the race organizers made the change this time around.

I wish that the historic schedule were still in place, as I won't be getting home to Sac from Marshfield until Saturday night, which means I'll miss my race. Darn. I'll have to look for a replacement within the next couple of weeks to stick with my goal.

I figured I might find an alternative here in Marshfield, so I looked up St. Patrick's Day races in the area, and was initially really excited to see info about what claims to be "America's Most Irish Road Race" here in my hometown:


Unfortunately, as can be seen from this infographic, the race will now be run on April 11th rather than the original March 14th, due to concerns about the road and sidewalk conditions as a result of all of the snow last month. Darn again. It would have been so cool to do a race in my hometown, especially since the course actually goes right by my Mom's house, so she could have watched and cheered me on. Maybe another year....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home