Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

8.22.2015

(belated post) Whirlwind Trip to Nashville

The first week of August, my supervisor V and I took a quick trip (less than 36 hours!) to Nashville, TN, for a presentation to the Tennessee Primary Care Association about CPCA's health+ branding work. We stayed at the funky boutique Hotel Preston, very close to the airport, and arrived just in time to enjoy a glass of wine in the bar as the live jazz was winding down.

I managed to survive a 30-minute run the next morning in the [nasty] warm and humid weather. Yuck! Not to mention that the landscape was MUCH hillier than I had expected!!!

We spent a couple of hours at the TPCA for the presentation and then headed downtown for lunch and to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Neither V nor I is a big country music fan, but it seemed an appropriate way to spend the few hours we had available to play tourist before our return flight that evening. And the final exhibit is the actual Hall of Fame itself, in a lovely light-filled rotunda full of plaques of all the inductees.


I'm not sure I'd put Nashville at the top of the list for another visit, although I'm sure there's lots more to see, as the oppressive climate was just so unpleasant. Luckily for us, the day was somewhat overcast as thunderstorms moved into the area, so that helped to make the heat a bit more tolerable since the sun wasn't burning down. I so prefer the dry heat of my Sacto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home