Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

9.08.2008

River Cats & Karma

This morning at the gym, I saw a gentleman wearing a River Cats t-shirt, so I asked him if he knew the outcome of the first round of the playoffs, and he told me that the Cats were victorious over the Salt Lake City Bees, and the PCL Championship Series begins this week with the Cats defending their 2007 PCL Title. I asked which games would be at Raley Field, and he said Games 1 and 2 are Sept. 9th and 10th at home for the Cats.

I'm currently teaching an LSAT class on Monday/Wednesday, meaning the 10th is out, but I figured tomorrow night the 9th might be a possibility, so I left a message for Mr. E this morning about maybe taking in Game 1 tomorrow evening (after my LSAT tutoring and instead of my UDA meeting).

Here's where the karma part enters the picture...

Earlier this morning, one of Mr. E's higher-up colleagues had given him and Ms. F four vouchers for River Cats tickets, so not only are we getting to go to Game 1, but we're also not even paying for the tickets. Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home