Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

6.02.2008

Biking in May

I met my biking pledge of 100 miles in May and even slightly exceeded it - yay!

I'm really proud of myself for doing this, since I'm not much of a cyclist and tend to be a bit wary of biking as I don't feel terribly comfortable or adept in the saddle. But I also knew that the best way to get over this feeling was to just get out there and bike some more. I definitely feel more at ease now and noticed that I actually got a bit faster on my daily commute. I also figure the extra workout was good for my quads (and thus good for my running...). And now I'm much more likely to jump on the bike for errands, as Mr. E and I did yesterday when we trekked to the FCG and Fleet Feet and Blockbuster.

I know the heat will hit soon and I'll stash the bike for awhile until the cooler weather returns, but I'm pretty sure the bike commute will resume as a viable option later in the year thanks to this experience in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home