Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

10.15.2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

In reverse order...

THE UGLY
Red Sox extra-inning loss in Game #2 of the ALCS. So glad I turned off the TV at the end of the 10th inning. When I heard Gagne was about to enter the game, I knew it couldn't end well...

THE BAD
Umm... see above. Why exactly does Francona stick with this guy? It's one thing to be patient with a slow start at the beginning of the season (e.g. Dustin Pedroia, leading candidate for AL Rookie of the Year and local Sacto-area boy from Woodland), but it's another thing to stubbornly hope for the best in the post-season.

THE GOOD
My 20-mile run yesterday morning, the first of three 20+ runs in this marathon training. My primary goal was to run a negative split, as I tend to have difficulty holding myself back at the beginning and then regret it later. So I was psyched to see a great negative split at the end: 98:00 for the first 10 (yeah, slow, but that's the point), 90:00 for the second 10 (that's actually marathon pace).

Now let's just hope I can move "The Ugly" into "The Good" after ALCS Game #3 tonight...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LNJ thinks-

It may be time for an update.... :)

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home