Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

12.12.2008

Y2K

In the middle of my 7-mile run this morning, I reached my goal to log 2,000 miles this year. Yippee! I'm even 2 weeks early, despite having some injuries, illnesses, and travel that prevented me from always hitting that minimum of 40 miles/week.

Time to celebrate! Breakfast at Crepeville tomorrow morning sounds like a good start...

Oh, and just because I hit that milestone (pun intended) doesn't mean that I'll take a break, since my official training for the Napa Valley Marathon on March 1st started last week. So I'll still be pounding the pavement as usual, but it's great to reach that personal goal.

P.S. In case anyone was wondering, I set this goal for 2008 because I didn't run any marathons this year, so I thought it would be cool to see what I could accomplish cumulatively with a full year off from marathon training. With 2 marathons last year (Madison + CIM), my yearly total was only 1,949, which gave me the idea for a nice even 2K for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home