Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

6.11.2014

Day 74: Capitol Park Squirrels

One of the most enjoyable parts of my bike commute is traveling through Capitol Park, which allows me to see not only the various events happening each day or groups gathering to support certain issues but also to admire the rotating landscape displays, especially the different flowers, such as snapdragons, cyclamen, roses, etc.

And then there are the squirrels!



I've always been a fan of these little critters, and the Capitol Park squirrels are especially amusing and entertaining with their antics.  They're bold and frisky, and this morning I saw one romping about in front of a pedestrian in a manner that mimicked that of a dog being walked by its human.  Adorable!

Anytime I see these brown and grey fluffy-tailed creatures scampering around, they bring a smile to my face.  And our little Captain Jack has some rather squirrel-like traits as well, which probably makes me even fonder of the actual varmints when I see them out in their natural surroundings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home