Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

7.10.2014

Day 103: Errands During the Day

As I've mentioned before, I often do errands during the day to get out of the office for a bit and get in a bit of a walk.  This week, I stopped by Grebitus Jewelers to pick up my Timex sports watch, which needed a battery replacement, and then tried out Russo's Shoe Repair next door to see if my brown sandal could be repaired.

Both of these local businesses are located on L Street between 10th & 11th, right across from the State Capitol, in the same row of businesses as Downtown Mail and the former Cafe Roma.

I was a bit disappointed with the jeweler, as I had dropped off my watch at the end of June and was hoping to have it back in time for our 4th of July trip.  Unfortunately, however, the first time I tried to claim my watch, it wasn't working correctly (no sound, no indiglo light).  It took another week for the watch to be repaired, and I wasn't offered any sort of concession or discount off the $20 cost for the inconvenience or delay, so I'm not sure I'll be returning to this particular vendor.

Russo's Shoe Repair was a complete contrast!  Although I had to wait a few minutes while the staff person was fixing a pair of heels for a woman who was waiting for the repair, once I was able to hand over my broken sandal, it was fixed in less than five minutes for only $5.  Sweet!  And a much better results than what I received from Goodyear Cobbler just a block from our home, so I think I'll bring any future shoe problems back to Russo's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home