Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

7.14.2014

Day 107: Ella Restaurant

We hosted two staff from Cone Communications at the CPCA office today to make a pitch about a potential cause marketing campaign for CaliforniaHealth+.  After the meeting, K, V, and I went out to lunch with the ladies at Ella, a restaurant on the corner of K & 12th.

Ella is often chosen by CPCA folks as a site to entertain business guests, although I'm not as huge a fan as are many of my colleagues.  The decor and atmosphere are quite attractive and inviting:





Although the food is quite tasty, the menu is rather limited, and the service is often quite lackadaisical and lackluster.  For me, service is actually more important than food, so when the service falls short of my expectations (especially based on the given price point of a restaurant), I'm far less likely to give the venue another chance than if the food is mediocre but the service is exceptional.

I did still enjoy my grilled chicken salad today, but Ella is certainly not among my go-to restaurants for anything other than work-related gatherings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home