Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

9.06.2014

Day 161: Football Season

Although baseball season is far from over, football season has now officially started.  I'm not a big fan of this overlap!  Why can't we focus on one sport at a time?! 

This morning, Mr. E and I enjoyed "breakfast with the Badgers" as we watched UW-Madison convincingly beat Western Illinois by a score of 37-3.  In the afternoon, Mr. E went over to a friend's house to watch MSU take on the Oregon Ducks, and tomorrow morning, he'll be heading off to a local restaurant to meet up with some fellow Chicago Bears fans.  *sigh* 

The only advantage for me with all of this is the tradition of doing sit-ups and/or push-ups with each score of the home team, so at least I get to increase my activity level even if I lose my spouse for several hours each weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home