Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

9.29.2014

Day 184: 600 Miles!

On August 1st, I reached my goal of swimming 500 miles in one year.  I had started on October 2nd, 2013, so I finished two full months earlier than I had expected. 

At that point, I decided to try for 600 miles, which meant I needed to swim 100 miles in eight weeks or roughly 12+ miles per week.  I ended up swimming 14+ miles every week in August, and I thus reached my new 600 mile goal last week, on September 26th.  Yay!  Go me!

My reward for reaching this goal is shopping for some boots -- part of the annual quest once the seasons change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING!
CRAZY!
Truly you are a fish sign!

GO JO GO!

I LOVE YOU!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Steph said...

This is awesome!! I'm not at all surprised that you finished early!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home