Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

12.29.2014

Day 275: Crepeville

I met S for lunch today at Crepeville in Midtown.


When Mr. E and I first moved to Sac in June 2003, this location was just about to open, and we were frequent visitors when we still lived in the apartment at 19th & H before we moved to 9th & Q at the beginning of August.

Despite the name of the restaurant, the menu includes far more than just crepes:



I usually order a sandwich, soup, or salad, partly because the one less-than-ideal aspect of the menu is that the savory crepes don't use a buckwheat batter but instead are made with the same batter as the sweet crepes, which I just don't particularly like.

Our monthly brunch group has often gathered at Crepeville, either at this location or at the site just south of Broadway that has now been sold but still maintains much of the same menu.

Today, both S and I ordered the chicken noodle soup as part of a combo lunch offering.  I paired the soup with a half Greek salad, and S had a half tuna melt sandwich.  Oddly and unfortunately, the soup was topped with a small pile of green onions -- how weird!  I was able to scoop all of them off the top of my soup, but I was just so surprised (and disappointed) to see them as a garnish.  Had I known in advance, I would of course have requested that they not be added, but who would think of such a topping on chicken noodle soup???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home