Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

1.23.2015

Day 300: Early Morning Bike Commute in the Fog

My bike commute this morning was quite different from yesterday's trip. Today, the Sacramento area was blanketed in heavy fog, and as I rode along N Street and through Capitol Park on 13th Street around 7:20am, I couldn't even see the Capital Building at all! The fog limited visibility to about 1.5 blocks, so everything was muffled and hidden. The only part of the Capital that was visible from the 13th Street cut-through was the lower half of the eastern entrance and entry stairway.

I actually really love seeing fog like this, as I find it unique to Sacramento compared to the other places where I've lived. At the same time, I'm also grateful that I don't have to drive long distances with this type of minimal visibility!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home