Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

2.24.2015

Day 332: Peppermint Twist Candy Shoppe

Mom had saved an older edition of the local paper, the Marshfield Mariner, for me to read during my visit, primarily to see the photos and stories about the recent major snowstorms. While I appreciated that information and those images, I was more struck by the feature on a local business, Peppermint Twist Candy Shoppe:

The store has apparently been open for about a year, but somehow I missed it during our summer visit, as I would certainly have been a frequent patron! Up to this point, my only source for bulk candy or old-fashioned penny candy was raiding the toppings bar at a self-serve frozen yogurt shop.

I'm so pleased to have a better source to feed my sweet tooth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home