Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

11.07.2016

Halloween & APHA Conference: Denver, CO

My colleague, B, and I were on the agenda as co-presenters for a session at the 2016 American Public Health Association annual conference. I took advantage of the event location in Denver to travel a couple of days in advance so that I could spend time with my cousin A and her family R and F, who all recently moved to Evergreen, about 30 minutes west of downtown Denver. I got to see their rental house, her school, and F's daycare, and we had fun trick-or-treating at the nearby gated community The Island on Halloween evening.

On Tuesday, A drove me downtown where we had a yummy lunch at Zoup right near my hotel, the Sheraton Denver Downtown, which was about five blocks from the site of the conference at the Convention Center. Mr. E and I had remarked on the awesome blue bear statue at the Convention center when we visited Denver together for the first time several years ago, so it was great to see this awesome public art again during my return.

B and I found a great pub, Henry's Tavern, to watch the fabulous Cubs victory during Game 6 of the World Series. And after our session on Wednesday morning, I had just enough time to join up with part of a public tour of the State Capitol before heading to the airport for the flight home to Sac.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home