Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

1.12.2018

Panama Trip (Day 7)

Monday, January 1: Resort Recreation
Today was our leisure day at the Westin resort, with no planned group activities. I got up at 7am to swim laps and a few perimeters of the adult pool section while Mr. E caught up on some sleep. I headed to breakfast on my own and joined another Caravan couple for the meal. Then I found a quiet spot on the covered terrace area overlooking the pool to read and write in the travel journal until Mr. E came and found me. I had second coffee as he ate breakfast, and afterwards we spent time reading, catching up on email, and doing some hand washing.

We went for lunch around 1pm and then sat out on the terrace to watch the thunderstorm that rolled in from 2-3pm. Seems to be a daily afternoon occurrence, despite what Gerardo kept telling us about this being the dry season in Panama! I had planned to attend the 3pm Zumba class by the pool, but it never happened. Darn! Instead, I walked on the beach and picked up more shells and sea glass and then did my daily yoga practice in the room. Mr. E worked on research for our future Maui trip, and eventually we both headed back down to the pool for a swim and cocktail (Seco Mojito for me this time).

At dinner, we started off on our own but eventually had two other Caravan couples seated at tables on either side of us, so we had some nice group conversation. Mr. E and I finished the evening with wine and cards at the lobby bar, and we were back in the room by 10pm for an earlier night, knowing that we'd have time in the morning to finish up packing for the 9am bag call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home