Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

4.17.2018

Mahalo Moments: Westin "Amenity" & Special Swim

I'm attending a CalSAE Leadership Retreat at the Westin Mission Hills in Rancho Mirage, and the entire staff here has been absolutely amazing, from the Front Desk to Events to Catering. This evening, I received a lovely "amenity" of fruit, macarons, and mini champagne:

In addition, I made a comment during the fabulous reception this evening about how it can be disappointing for someone like me who swims for a workout when resort pools don't open early in the morning. Laura, the Senior Events Manager, then took the initiative to go chat with the security folks to arrange for one of them to meet me tomorrow morning at 6:15am at the pool closest to my room so that I could indeed do a swim workout. Wow. Totally going above and beyond. Amazing. I'm so appreciative!

Definitely mahalo moments worthy of recognition...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home