Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

4.02.2018

Mahalo Moments

As mentioned in my Maui blog posts, Mr. E bought me a beautiful new honu pendant necklace for my birthday. Each of the honu pendants is a unique hand-blown glass creation by the artist, Amy Wakingwolf, and each is named for a honu that she has met while swimming with them in the ocean. My chosen honu is Mahalo, which represents gratitude. The pendant comes with a color photo of the honu that inspired the artist as well as a description of the meaning behind the name:

Mahalo: Gratitude
Aquas & Emeralds
When you are grateful for everything you can illuminate your world, you shine light into all darkness. Mahalo reminds you, to remind yourself, how lucky you are.


When I read this, I realized how perfectly I had chosen my honu, as I'm always saying to Mr. E that we are so lucky and have so much to appreciate and cherish and be grateful for! And this has inspired me to be more actively aware of the various "mahalo moments" in my life, to be more present and observant.

I'm going to start using my blog to capture and share some of these mahalo moments. Perhaps not daily, but definitely on a regular basis.

So to kick things off, here is a mahalo moment from this morning... Catching the scent of jasmine wafting in the air near the Capitol as I rode my bike to work.

What's your mahalo moment? Share in the Comments!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home