Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

7.26.2004

Internet Inspiration

I really should have known.  How could I have been so negligent, so careless? 

The simple fact that the handful of pharmacies and grocery stores that I visited in both Sac and Mad were lacking in my chosen and favored razor should not have led me to believe it was truly obsolete.  Alas, I gave up, I gave in, I broke down and bought a replacement. 

Ha!  The Venus is nothing next to the Personal Touch, nothing, I tell you!! 

And surely, surely a smart and Internet-savvy woman like me should have at least done a quick online search for the glorious PT before spending a hard-earned $9 on a personal hygiene item so coyly named after a goddess.  But no, I caved.  I turned my back on the primary source of all information in this modern world and surrendered to the desperate temptation to have smooth legs before returning to Sac. 

So is all lost for our intrepid heroine?  Or will she grasp victory from the jaws of defeat? 

Ah... the joys of Ask Jeeves, online pharmacy supplies, and other women who truly understand the power and prestige of a PT, which one has held and cherished since the first downy hairs appeared during puberty, and who so rightly take Schick to task for attempting to usurp the reign of the venerable PT. 

Yes, dear readers, our heroine found several sources for PT razors and cartridges, the vagaries of distribution to large pharmacies and grocery stores be damned!  Victory!

Now if I could only return that darn Venus thing... guess it'll just have to live at the health club for those emergency situations.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LNJ:
Yeah, the internet is a good thing... I am glad you found what you were seaching for.

In razor news, I have a Mach 1 Turbo for Schick, or Guillete, or some damned thing. My question is, what the hell is so 'turbo' about a razor? How does a razor perform 'Mach 1'? Silly names, all....

10:08 PM  
Blogger jms said...

LNJ:

Mr. E & I often mock the commercials we see for the Mach razors. Personally, I fail to see the validity of the analogy or how a razor can have any real "speed" to speak of anyway. But then I often find myself critiquing advertisting campaigns and realizing that I'm definitely not part of the target demographic...

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah, the feel of a "turbo" thrusting, uh I mean shaving device in my hand makes me want to shave soooo well... Hmmm. Oh, I forgot, I have an electric.

Evilingus

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LNJ said:
Evilingus-
Are we out of the 8th grade yet or do we still need to make simple minded toilet jokes?

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home