Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

8.02.2004

Clouds???

For the past two mornings, I've felt a bit odd upon waking. Something just didn't seem quite right. I couldn't identify it at first, this unsettled and unfamiliar feeling. And then I realized - strange white striations blocked the blue sky, admitting only a pale white light through the slats of the mini-blinds.

What is this? What can be happening?

Wait a minute... I seem to have some vague recollection, deep in the recesses of my memory, of this weather pattern. Oh... Clouds! How odd!

Yes, this is the first time since we arrived in Sacto on June 7th that we have seen clouds in the sky. It's been unvaryingly sunny for two whole months! For an East Coast native who's always lived someplace with distinctive seasons, such unremitting sun has been quite a change. And I hadn't realized until now how much I've grown to appreciate and bask in this constant sunlight.

Must be all of the vitamin D flowing into my veins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home