Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

8.24.2004

Muffin Counterpart

As my last post mentioned, E adores German Shepherds. Personally, when it comes to the canine species, I'm rather fond of corgis. Part of this, I'm sure, comes from warm fuzzy memories of seeing the Welsh corgis that were raised and trained by neighbors of St. Margaret's Convent in Duxbury, MA, where both my sister & I went to overnight Summer camp for a week or so several times during our childhood.

But I've recently come to realize that the other reason I have a penchant for corgis is that they're the canine equivalent of Muffin! Short, stocky, solid, round, low to the ground, with stumpy little legs and sweet, sweet faces. They even move like Muffin does - not running, but scampering.

Corgi = Muffin in dog form. That explains it all!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LNJ says-
Muffster in doggy form... now that is a sight I can hardly imagine. Funny thing is, I imagine more of a perkier version of Muffster barking and prancing a bit before going to the "spot" that (s)he likes best, but not Mufins landing. HEHE

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home