Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

8.12.2004

What's Wrong with this Picture?

On my way to Kaplan last evening, I was scooting merrily along J St, trying not to melt from the heat of the sun above and the waves of warmth reflected from the pavement below, when I found myself following a rather slow-moving driver in a black BMW.

"Oh well," I thought, "since I'm on a little 49cc Honda scooter, I guess I can just be patient and bide my time."

After a short distance, however, my East Coast aggressive/impatient driver roots refused to be stifled any longer, and I pulled over to pass the car in front of me.

Yes, that's correct, my little scooter and I actually overtook a BMW. Woo-hoo!!! Power to the scoot!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of pictures that are wrong...

A gay Governor leaving office.
The CA Courts over-turning the same sex marriages preformed in SF early this year because they are illegal, etc.
A 3rd party candidate having trouble getting on national ballots.

Something wrong with those pictures too, wouldn't you say?

8:32 AM  
Blogger jms said...

Yes, those pictures are definitely worse. See my latest entry for thoughts on the first two topics you mentioned.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home