Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

10.25.2004

Emotional Drainage

Sox lead the series 2-0 over the Cards as they head back to St. Louis.

I should be ecstatic, right?

Somehow, though, I don't think it's all quite sunk in yet. My beloved beleaguered Red Sox are in the World Series for the first time in 18 years (yeah, forgive the math error in the previous posting). This is amazing! Incredible! Something I've waited over half my life to see!

But I think the ALCS against the Yankees was so draining and momentous and historic and emotional that it just doesn't quite seem real. I sort of keep forgetting that this is the WORLD SERIES and not just some regular-season type of game.

Maybe that's a good thing, hmm? Maybe this way I won't feel so emotionally strung out all week as the Sox strive to put the Curse behind them once and for all...

GO SOX!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home