Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

6.08.2005

Results from River City Run

"Official" time = 52:53
(my clock read 52:52 & the race clock read 52:48 when I crossed the finish line, but I guess I shouldn't quibble about a few seconds, right?)
Overall Place = 59 out of 187 10K participants
Gender Place = 14 out of 98 total women
Division Place = 6 out of 29 women aged 30-39
Pace = 8:28 (approx.)

The scary part is that the woman who placed first in my division finished with a time of 40:14 and the first-place woman 10K runner overall finished in 40:04 and was actually in the next age bracket (she's 41)! Hmm. I guess I should look at this as being inspirational & something to strive for in my next decade, right?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home