Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

10.23.2009

Bagel Bliss

Such a nice thing happened to me yesterday...

I stopped by Noah's Bagels on my way home from work to pick up a few of their yummy seasonal pumpkin bagels. The store was practically empty, and I happily spotted the pumpkin bagels in the display case. I ordered three to take home and chatted with the staff a bit, asking how long the pumpkin bagels would be available so that I could plan accordingly (figured I'd return and get more before the end of the season, since bagels freeze well).

When I got home and pulled the bag out of my backpack, it seemed a bit heavier and fuller than I expected, and I discovered not three but FIVE pumpkin bagels nestling in the paper! I checked my receipt to see how many had been charged and paid for, and the receipt confirmed my original order of three, so I was a bit confused. I called the store and explained that I ordered and paid for three but received five and wasn't quite sure what to do.

The response? "You were so excited about the pumpkin bagels that I just had to give you a couple extra."

!!!!!!! :) !!!!!!!

How cool was that?! Totally made my day...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol :D

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home