Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

8.20.2009

Calypso Earns Her Kibble

A few years ago, I was part of a Focus Group on cat litter, thanks to Miss Muffin's presence in our lives. For two weeks, I had to use a new version of Fresh Step with "odor-eliminating charcoal" and then participate in a videotaped follow-up interview. We got an entire 25-lb bag of the litter for this time period, which was way more than enough, and then I was compensated $75 for my time. Not bad! I praised Muffin for "earning her keep," especially since the remainder of the litter lasted a few months, even though the product didn't hit the market until several years later.

Now Calypso is getting the chance to earn her kibble! I was asked to be part of a Focus Group about Pet Care, and apparently my responses to the screening questions were appropriate, since I was accepted as part of the study. This time, I have to keep a Pet Care Diary for two weeks as "homework," for which I'll be compensated $35. At the end, I'll participate in a 2 1/2 hour group meeting, and I'll receive another $85 for that activity. Sweet! The black-and-whites rule!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs a GRE, I'm earning my keep one survey at a time... Cali.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home