Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

6.12.2014

Day 75: Happiness is...

...getting notification from the Sacramento Public Library that the new Stephen King novel, Mr. Mercedes, is ready for me to pick-up! ;-) 


The last time I had looked at the "hold" record online, I was still 19 of 65, so I was completely surprised to get moved up the list so quickly.  And since my previous non-fiction selection, A New American Life, had turned out to be rather dry and boring, I was more than happy to turn it in unfinished and shift to fiction.

I started reading when I got home after work this evening and am currently on p. 187 (of 437).  The kitties are very happy that I'm devoting time to the brown couch upstairs in the "reading nook" of our bedroom!

1 Comments:

Anonymous APM said...

How is/was the book?
I must admit, I've given up on King... I got so tired of good stories with bad endings. That's my opinion, of course, but the stories are always so well thought and then the end just feels pasted on.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home