Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

7.22.2014

Day 115: Swimming in the Rain - In July???

Sacto's winter is typically characterized by lots of rain, and the rest of the year tends to be quite dry, so I was rather surprised this morning to feel tiny little cold pinpricks of precipitation while I was swimming.  At first, I thought the droplets were just splashed from one of my swimming kindred, Steve, in the lane next to me, but then I realized that I was feeling the impact even when he was at the other end of the pool.  So unusual!

The sprinkles didn't last long, but they started up again as I finished my workout and were still lingering just a bit as I walked home.  I almost felt as though I was in the Midwest, which often has unsettled and stormy summer weather. 

However, according to weather.com, the typical hot and dry summer climate will be returning to Sacto this weekend, with temps up into the triple digits again.  *sigh*  Ah, well.  We knew the highest of the heat wasn't over yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home