Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

8.02.2014

Day 126: Factory Outlet Shopping

The Vacaville Premium Factory Outlets are about 40 minutes west of Sacramento, just off of I80.  Every few months or so, we take a road trip to peruse the new seasonal offerings, and we usually head out in the morning to avoid the worst of the crowds and the heat, especially at this time of year.  Like most outlet malls, the stores are arranged in clusters around large parking lots, which can get rather toasty if the temperatures get into the 90+ range!

I tend to spend most of my time in the West Plaza in order to visit a cluster of shoe stores (Naturalizer, Easy Spirit, Clark's, Rockport), although lately I haven't been having much luck with any purchases.  These shoe venues are interspersed with Kitchen Collection (a good spot for Sodastream flavors, a lemon juicer, certain types of cooking pans), Columbia Sportswear, Reebok, etc.  I almost always end my tour around the plaza at a place where I'm guaranteed to find something that suits my taste:

Mr. E frequents a different grouping of stores, including Adidas, Banana Republic, and Calvin Klein, and he often ends up spending more time than I do in the East Plaza:


We both found a few items to bring home today, so I'd say this was a rather successful trip, despite the warm weather and slight traffic delays we encountered both ways in the area around the Yolo Causeway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home