Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

9.09.2014

Day 164: Irony During the Morning Bike Commute

On my way to work this morning, I was riding along the 13th Street cut-through of Capitol Park and noticed a man strolling towards me wearing a t-shirt with this logo:


At CPCA, we often use Kaiser's "Thrive" campaign as an aspirational example for our own CaliforniaHealth+ branding efforts for community health centers, so I'm very aware of any Kaiser messaging and branding that I see.

In this particular instance, however, I was more struck by the unintentional irony presented by the man wearing this "healthy messaging" t-shirt while he was --- yep, you guessed it --- puffing on a cigarette!

As my colleagues said when I told them about it later, at least he was walking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home