Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

11.07.2014

Day 223: Capitol Box Art

On my way to meet S at The Press for Happy Hour tonight, I passed by the Capitol Box Art at the corner of 16th & K Streets:


This piece, by Janine Mapurunga, is entitled "Welcome Home." I really enjoy the different perspectives on food and baking and pasta in this creation, and it's in a particularly fitting location in the midst of multiple restaurants along the 16th Street corridor.

Here's the artist's statement about her own work:
If you asked me to choose one word by which to define my work, I would choose Storytelling.
A curiosity about the human condition and an eagerness to connect with others are the main driving forces behind my work. In my projects I provide an opportunity for people to tell their story and, in so doing, I establish a connection with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home