Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

1.24.2015

Day 301: Murder of Crows

My earlier-than-usual bike commutes at the end of the week, both in the clear and in the fog, were highlighted at the end by a murder of crows swarming in the skies north of the Capital, centered mostly around 13th Street, all the way from L to I Streets. The cawing black birds crowded into the trees near the Sheraton Hotel, the nearby parking garage, and the CPCA office building, looking something like this:

I actually rather enjoyed having these avian companions at the end of my journey, although I was a bit concerned about the potential debris falling from the sky. At first, I thought perhaps the sound was dripping water from the trees, but then I realized it was likely some other sort of liquid falling from above... yuck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home