Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

9.30.2004

What Curse?

I should have known better than to post such an optimistic entry about the BoSox yesterday, despite what LNJ adds in his comments (thanks for the support) - my boys blew it last night against Tampa Bay, so the odds of an outright League win are dwindling even as I type.

On the other hand, it looks as though the sportswriters have begun their inevitable predictions, including this one that forecasts a total Sox victory. As much as I'd like to believe, it reminds me just a wee bit too much of election-night predictions, and we all know how badly that turned out 4 years ago...

(Speaking of which, don't forget to register to vote! And get your butt to the voting booth on November 2nd! Preferably NOT to support George W, of course...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Arielle said...

Red Sox fans just don´t know when to give up do they? Ya know, I think I´d get old losing all the time and being let down every year...oh wait, was that in game 7 last year against the Yankees...I believe it was. :-P I love messing with you crazy Red Sox fans hehe.

Also, I did get my absentee ballot, and already checked the non-Bush choice, so at least we can both root for that. Love ya!!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home