Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

12.14.2004

Shakespeare in the Park(ing Lot)

The protestors were back for the first time in several weeks this morning. We were all starting to hope that they'd decided to take a break for the month of December, but no such luck. I, however, was quite prepared and had brought a collection of four Shakespearean tragedies to read to them if they started to preach or get too annoying (hmm... as if that ever happens...)

Today I finished all of Act One and a few scenes from Act Two of Othello. Kind of fun to read about lust and pagans and jealousy and "making the beast with two backs" to the oh-so-Christian protestors!!! My throat is a bit sore since I'm not accustomed to projecting my voice quite so much on a daily basis, but I'm sure I'll improve with regular practice. And it'll be a great way for me to reread some classic works of theatre. I can't remember when I last read Othello or King Lear, for example.

And what could be better on a Tuesday or Friday morning than a little Shakespeare in the Park(ing Lot)?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LNJ thinks-

Well done!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home