Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

2.07.2005

Running Visit to Davis

The 23rd annual Davis Stampede occured yesterday, and I did the 1/2 marathon on an absolutely perfect day - sunny, clear, comfortably cool.

My last 1/2 marathon was here in Sacto in October, and my time for that event was 1:54:23. Yesterday at about the 8-mile mark, my legs felt like total crap, like I was literally running on empty (could have been the cocktail and wine I had the night before, hmm?? oops). I was still hoping to beat my 1:54 time, though, but at a certain point I started to just hope I could even finish!

So... needless to say, I was quite pleased with my final time: 1:48:23. That's an improvement of almost 30 seconds per mile! My average pace was 8:16 (compared to 8:42 for the Sacto event). And I placed 11th of 54 in my division.

Not bad for a chick who didn't take up running until after college...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LNJ says-

Congrats on the time and the improvement. I'm sure that if you stayed away from the wine the night before, you may have fared a touch better, but you know you are improving so all is well and good there. Cool to hear that you are out there runnin' as well. 11th place is killer... I'll see if I can't find a really cool pin or metal for you. OK, enough of me. Take care.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home