Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

12.05.2005

CIM!

I ran my first CIM (California International Marathon) yesterday. This was my second marathon overall, and I'm pleased to report that I beat my old time from the Mad City Marathon 2004 (4:25, 10:08 pace) despite the fact that my chronic knee problems flared up before the half-way point, so I had to slow my pace and even walk a bit between miles 21-24. Regardless, I'm pretty satisfied with the results, even though I was unable to achieve my pre-race goal of 4:15. There's always next time...


  • Gun Time = 4:20:41
  • Chip Time = 4:19:19 (that's the one I'm counting!)
  • Pace = 9:57
  • Overall = 2,077 of 3,249
  • Women 30-34 = 113 of 200

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the run was better than the Mad Town run, but crappy to hear that an injury kept you from fully whoopin' the route's booty to the fullest of the Doc J whoopitude. HEHEHE

Other than that, nice to see that your still blogging and keeping the world in your mix. I like reading about the life of the good Dr. J. Be well and keep smiling. Hugs.

LNJ

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home