Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

10.03.2005

Cowtown Half Marathon

I decided to try something a bit different for yesterday's Cowtown 1/2 Marathon - after each odd mile, I did 1-minute intervals for the next mile (1 minute faster pace + 1 minute regular pace). After miles 1, 3, 5, and 7, I was able to keep to a sub-8:00 pace. After mile 9, not so much... And I didn't even try after mile 11 because I was dragging quite a bit by that point. Grr!

I'm not sure why I felt so tired towards the end, since I had hydrated well the day before and didn't have anything alcholic on Saturday night. Perhaps it was that loooongish & boring segment of the bike path along the River that took its toll...

Anyway, the results were posted on Capital Road Race Management, and I'm fairly satisfied:

  • Chip Time = 1:50:33 (gun time = 1:51:30)
  • Pace = 8:26
  • Place overall = 258 of 1304
  • Place in W30-34 = 10 of 107
And how can I complain when the event provided the COOOLEST finisher's medal ever?! A COW BELL!!!!!

MOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh - and check out the photos (taken by my personal race photographer, the fabulous E) under Race Events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home