Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

1.06.2006

Glory Days

One of my Xmas presents from E this year was the boxed set of the 2004 World Series - all 7 ALCS games, all 4 WS games, plus a bonus DVD with lots of extras for the many members of Red Sox Nation. It's been interesting to start watching the saga, since I missed some games when it actually occured (including the WS clincher 'cause I was teaching that night...).

I'm about to start ALCS #3 (the 19-8 fiasco), and oddly enough, I'm looking forward to the heart-wrenching action.

Why?

BECAUSE I KNOW HOW IT ALL TURNS OUT IN THE END!!!! HA, HA, HA!!!! CAN WE SAY "CHOKE"? YEAH BABY!

GO SOX!!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LNJ-

Yeah, that would be interesting to see. Enjoy it and love it and remember it. With how things went this off season, I think it may be a minute or two before they get it turned around and get it right... Not 86 years, we can hope, but I don't think next year will be the year. Still, I got my new hat and a fresh jersey to thrown on and I'll be in Oak-town for the series.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home