Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

5.05.2014

Day 37: Slight Digression...

One of the reasons I've been posting a series of entries about the art in Terminal B at SMF is that Mr. E and I just took a trip to Austin to visit our new nephew, CJ (son of my sister & brother-in-law).  I flew Southwest, which is housed in Terminal B, so that gave me the idea for a series of blog posts as subject matter while we were away from Sac.

However, I'm going to indulge in a slight digression from my 365 Days of Sacramento project to provide a brief post about our time with CJ aka Master C aka Christian.  We had a wonderful visit with the new boy and his parents, J & B.  I got to speak French to CJ and read him "Max et les Maximonstres" (the French translation of "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak), and he seemed very happy to hear the language.  I figure it's good to expose him to multiple languages at a young age!

We celebrated his 8-week birthday on Friday evening, accompanied him to swim lessons on Saturday, and provided some babysitting services on Sunday so that J&B could go to yoga.  Such fun!  For photos of the visit, check out J&B's web site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home