Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

4.29.2014

Day 31: Silent Running

I got up early this morning (5:20am *yawn*) so that I could fit in a 30-minute run before catching the 7:00am Amtrak to San Francisco for a workshop at The Foundation Center.  Although I'm more of a morning person than a night person, I'm not really a super-early morning person, so anything before about 6:15am is a bit unusual for me.

Luckily, at this time of year, the sky begins to lighten around 5:45am, and I actually really enjoy that quiet break-of-day time running through the grid of Downtown and/or Midtown Sac.  The air smells fresh and feels cool; the gradually rising sun tints the sky all sorts of colours; and the silence of the morning is punctuated only by my footfalls, the echo of traffic on the freeway, the warning bells of the Light Rail, and the occasional cat or dog returning home after some nighttime prowling.

I don't think I'll make a habit of such early rising, but my silent running this morning was quite lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home