Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

5.11.2014

Day 43: Sacramento Antique Faire


Another space under the I-50/80 freeway is used monthly for the Sacramento Antique Faire, a large swap meet with eclectic offerings and numerous vendors.  Mr. E and I visited one time to see if it was worth paying the small entry fee, but we didn't find anything that we needed, so we haven't returned.  The Faire remains a very popular monthly attraction, however, drawing lots of folks to the parking lot under the freeway by 21st Street:


This morning, as I ran along the path along the Sacramento River heading towards Miller Park, I noticed that the Antique Faire appeared to have spawned or at least relocated to the parking lot near the large industrial gas tanks by the Towe Auto Museum and under the I-50/80 bridge that spans the River from Sac to West Sac.  I was rather surprised to see the gathering, but then I realized the motivation behind the different venue - the Fix 50 project.

A chunk of I-50 is currently under repair for 2 months, and the area typically utilized for the Antique Faire is now being occupied by construction vehicles and personnel.  I actually noticed the construction traffic and equipment at one point last week when my morning run took me along 21st Street to Broadway, but I hadn't thought about how the project would displace the Faire.  Good thing there are so many other options for under-the-freeway parking lots during the weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home