Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

5.22.2014

Day 54: May is Bike Month "Energizer Station"

Last Thursday, May 15, was "Bike to Work Day" as part of the ongoing May is Bike Month activities in the Sacramento region.  On my way home from the gym that morning, I spotted an "Energizer Station" on the northeast corner of 9th and P, so I made sure to choose my route to work so that I could stop by and partake of the goodies (granola bars, bananas, juice).

The gentleman at the Energizer Station looked familiar to me, and he took my picture with a "May is Bike Month" sign after I grabbed a granola bar and an "I Biked Today" pin for my backpack before continuing on my way:


When I was heading out of the gym this morning, I passed a gentleman in full cycling gear and realized that he was the person who had been manning (literally) the Energizer Station last week.  I stopped to chat, and we introduced ourselves, both mentioning that we had recognized the other from the previous week and also from various race events around Sacramento (maybe he's a triathlete? not sure if I've ever seen him in the pool at the gym, however).  He told me that the Energizer Station was set up again today and would be next Thursday as well, so again I stopped by on my way to work.  This time, I was able to snag a gluten-free granola bar for my colleague, K.  We'll see what's available next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home