Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

10.16.2014

Day 201: The Mountains Are Out!

(NOTE: Although this year-long blog project was intended to focus solely on aspects of life in Sacramento, I sometimes digress from that mission when I'm traveling and experience something noteworthy.  Hence, the following post...)

It was still dark when I got up this morning around 6:10am and headed down to the lobby for a morning run with other GPA conference attendees.  We had an enjoyable run across the river and along Waterfront Park.  What struck me the most, however, was the view from my hotel window when I got back and was getting ready for the day -- a beautiful sunrise over Mt. Hood!

On my way down to the lobby, I glanced out through the glass elevator panels and was rewarded with clear sunny skies and the fabulous dual view of both mountains -- Mt. Hood to my right and Mt. St. Helens to my left.



Seeing this panorama reminded me so much of the almost 2 years that I spent in the lovely Rose City back in 1993-1994 (20 years ago - yikes!).  Noting that "both mountains are out" was always indicative of a clear day here in the often-rainy Pacific Northwest, and I'm so glad I got to relive those moments during my visit this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So beautiful, one could see why it is a great place to live...

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home