Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

1.23.2006

Long Absence

Wow - it's been quite awhile since I've posted. I'm already up to Game 7 of the ALCS at this point, just waiting for the Sox to finish off the Yankees. Woo-hoo!!!

Actually, the reason I've been away so long is that I've been sick for the past 3 weeks. Yuck. What started as a cold after Christmas went into a lull after New Year's but came back with a vengeance a week ago. Fatigue, aches, congestion - I think I finished off about 5 boxes of Kleenex over the past week or so. Bleah! I hate being sick, especially when it lingers for so long and makes me feel so crappy and tired that the only activity I feel up to is 20 minutes of daily yoga (I kept signing up for my Pilates classes in the hopes that I'd feel better but ended up canceling each time).

To top it off, I was summoned for Jury Duty on Thursday and spent the entire day at the Court House with my head killing me the whole time. Luckily, the prosecuting attorney excused me during the peremptory challenges (I would have been Juror #2 for this criminal case of "drug possession with intent to sell"), and I'm sure he did it to take pity on me since I couldn't really hide the fact that I was miserable and suffering all day long. In other circumstances, it would have been a very interesting and cool process, and I would have like to have served, but that day all I wanted to do was go home and crawl back into bed...

Anyway, this weekend I finally started to feel better, and I'd say I'm about 80% back to my usual self today. Still congestion lingering and my short (2.5 mile) run this morning definitely proved that my body is still tired and recovering, but at least I'll be able to make it through a full work day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home