Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

10.26.2014

Day 211: Dollar Tree

A few years ago, a new Dollar Tree store opened on S Street, about five blocks from where we live in downtown Sac:


I've stopped by a few times to check out the merchandise but haven't made it part of our regulation shopping rotation.  This afternoon, I needed to get a few more Halloween cards, so I figured I'd try the Dollar Tree first before heading a bit farther to Safeway, if necessary.  And now I think I may have found a new sources for decent and affordable cards!

All of the greeting cards are 2 for $1, and although the store doesn't have the largest assortment, it does carry all of the basics as well as some specialized holiday cards.  Considering how expensive cards can be elsewhere (up to $5 for some of the really fancy or music-infused options), I'm very pleased to find a local source for some of my typical card needs.

Oh - and I also couldn't resist buying a hanging Halloween decoration with a little black cat centered in an orange expandable honeycomb.  I managed to hang it from one of the air vents in the living room, and Calypso has been totally freaked out since it appeared.  Not sure why, but if this continues, I may need to remove it and bring it into the office instead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home