Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

1.31.2015

Day 308: Wild Turkeys

I spent several hours today doing a bunch of errands, and after emptying the compost and picking up some bagels at Noah's, I headed up 16th Street, which turns into Route 160. Just past the final stop light on 16th, I glanced over at the levee area where 160 crosses over the American River Parkway, and I spied a quartet of wild turkeys wandering amidst the green grass and enjoying the sunlight.

I used to see turkeys and other urban wildlife near the River when I did my long runs along the levee, so it was a nice reminder to catch a glimpse of these birds, even if it was from my vantage point in the driver's seat of Odo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home