Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

2.01.2015

Day 309: Fire Near the R Street Market

Yesterday afternoon, I went grocery shopping after my massage, and as I left Safeway, I heard and saw numerous fire engines speeding south along 19th Street. As I looked after them, I saw smoke billowing into the sky from just a couple of blocks away, and it was clear that a fire had recently started up somewhere nearby.

I couldn't find much information online, but it appears as though there was a fire in a residential building at 20th & T Streets, although it's difficult to know which structure was impacted from the only photo that has been posted so far:

A more accurate source may be the Fire Department's Facebook page, which indicates that the fire location was actually 19th & T Streets and provides a short video montage of the scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home