Fish Out of Water

Musings and observations about life from an East Coast native now living on the Left Coast in the California State Capitol since 2004. This fish has made her home in Madison, WI (7 years); Portland, OR (2 years); Las Vegas, NV (7 months); Middlebury, VT (3 summers); Marne-la-Vallee, a small town east of Paris, France (6 months); Middletown, CT (3 years); and Marshfield, MA, the fish's coastal hometown 40 miles south of Boston (17 years).

Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

2.04.2015

Day 312: Dark Running

Morning runs during the winter months can be rather dark. I actually really enjoy running as the sun starts to rise and illuminate the Sacto streets, but the lack of visibility can be a bit challenging. A few years ago, when I was still running more often and longer distances, I finally invested in a headlamp to help see and be seen during my dark running periods.

This is a Petzl E93 Tikka 2 headlamp in storm gray:


Unfortunately, I also used the headlamp as a light on my bike, so when that bike got stolen from outside Michelangelo's in Midtown a couple of years ago, the headlamp went missing as well. Boo.

I ended up buying a new headlamp of the same model in late 2012 as a replacement, and I've been very glad to have it for my dark running days, such as this morning when I hit the pavement just after 6am for a 35-minute run before an early-to-work day for a conference.

The headlamp is quite useful inside as well, as that I don't have to turn on any lights while I'm getting ready to head out, although it does seem to freak out Captain Jack a wee bit when he sees me walking around like a glowing Cyclops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home